In today’s connected global economy, data security has become a primary concern for service providers, enterprises and end users alike. Cybercrime is on the rise and is expected to intensify in the future. To meet bandwidth demands without compromising security, optical networks should not only scale to handle higher capacities with less operational complexity but also offer robust security that protects all critical data.
Infinera’s advanced security capabilities support state-of-the-art encryption technologies delivering the highest levels of data protection to enable secure multi-terabit optical networking. Infinera’s solutions are designed to keep information secure and protect from increasing data threats and network breaches.
- Compliant with Advanced Encryption Standard AES-256 to ensure maximum security
- Elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) for fast and secure key exchange between two nodes before the encryption process begins
- Seamless integration with existing enterprise public key infrastructure (PKI) using X.509 certificate-based authentication
Simple and Efficient:
- Dedicated cryptographic key management tool to separate encryption key management from transport management for network operators
- Automatic, fast and hitless key rotations with user-specified intervals
- Hardware-based encryption delivering ultra-low latency and maximum throughput for efficient bandwidth utilization
- Application-oriented security solutions to meet a range of infrastructure needs, from metro to long-haul, including data center interconnect networks
- Bulk to service-specific encryption service delivery model
Encryption technologies that meet diverse network needs. Not all networks are designed the same, so Infinera security capabilities support application-specific techniques for maximum network deployment flexibility. For example, several Infinera models support built-in security capabilities that can be software-activated with product-specific license keys to deliver in-flight wire-rate data encryption based on the IEEE Media Access Control Security (MACsec) encryption technique. These products are designed to effectively protect Ethernet traffic while offering ultra-low latency for geographically dispersed locations, eliminating the need for standalone security equipment. Infinera MACsec encryption solutions offer selective port-based encryption that protects all Ethernet data over 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 100 GbE client interfaces.
Selected Infinera models also support integrated, ultra-low latency, protocol-agnostic, multi-terabit line-rate layer 1 encryption in bulk or service-specific mode to match the variable needs of networks, securing end-to-end services ranging from 1.25 gigabits per second (Gb/s) to 100 Gb/s. Infinera’s solutions that support Layer 1 encryption offer a flexible and scalable service delivery model without sacrificing latency, efficiency or support for a diverse range of services and client types. With built-in layer 1 encryption support, operators can simultaneously minimize the total cost of ownership for encryption of all services and maximize network performance.