Sunnyvale, Calif. – July 25, 2017, 8:00 a.m. EDT – Infinera, a provider of Intelligent Transport Networks, released its latest Sustainability Report demonstrating a commitment to sustainability best practices, transparency and leadership in the optical networking industry. The new report provides an overview of Infinera’s sustainability programs and initiatives conducted in 2016, highlighting the significant accomplishments achieved and the new goals set for 2017.
Infinera’s newly released Sustainability Report highlights the ongoing focus and continued progress Infinera has made in the areas of business ethics, products, environmental and social responsibility, along with targets for improvement in 2017 and beyond. Infinera’s Sustainability Report aligns with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and the United Nations Global Compact Principles, underscoring the detail and rigor of Infinera’s sustainability program. Infinera’s latest Global Sustainability Report can be found here.
“Sustainability continues to be increasingly important to our customers,” said Lena Båvegård, Infinera Senior Director, Corporate Quality & Sustainability. “At Infinera, we are committed to leveraging our role as a telecommunication equipment leader to support our customers and drive responsible choices, engage in new sustainable best practices and inspire a sense of obligation in the world around us.”
Infinera is active in several leading sustainable organizations, including:
- United Nations Global Compact (UNCG), the world’s largest corporate sustainability program
- American Society for Quality (ASQ), a global community of experts and the leading authority on quality in all fields, organizations and industries
- Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI), a program that offers independent, third-party audits to validate “conflict-free” accreditation to companies and their suppliers, ensuring accreditation is in line with current global standards
- QuEST Forum, an association of service providers, suppliers and liaisons dedicated to impacting the quality and sustainability of products and services in the information and communications technology industry
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG), a public policy/trade organization representing nearly 400 of Silicon Valley’s most respected employers on issues, programs and campaigns that affect the economic health and quality of life in Silicon Valley including energy, transportation, education, housing, health care, tax policies, economic vitality and the environment
- Women in Photonics, Silicon Valley, an organization started by and composed of women representing the vibrant and diverse workforce of Silicon Valley from both industry and academia, specifically in the field of optic and photonics
Additionally, on June 12, Infinera was recognized by Magyar Telekom, the Hungarian market-leading information and communications technology company, for sustainable best practices and awarded as one of Magyar Telekom’s top three sustainable suppliers in 2016.
For more information Infinera’s sustainability activities, visit www.infinera.com/company/social-responsibility.
Tel. +1 (916) 595-8157
Tel: + 1 (408) 213-7150
Infinera (NASDAQ: INFN) provides Intelligent Transport Networks, enabling carriers, cloud operators, governments and enterprises to scale network bandwidth, accelerate service innovation and automate optical network operations. Infinera’s end-to-end packet-optical portfolio is designed for long-haul, subsea, data center interconnect and metro applications. Infinera’s unique large scale photonic integrated circuits enable innovative optical networking solutions for the most demanding networks. To learn more about Infinera visit www.infinera.com, follow us on Twitter @Infinera and read our latest blog posts at blog.infinera.com.
Infinera and the Infinera logo are registered trademarks of Infinera Corporation.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, but not limited to Infinera’s continued progress and ability to achieve future sustainability targets. These statements are not guarantees of results and should not be considered as an indication of future activity or future performance. Actual results may vary materially from these expectations as a result of various risks and uncertainties. Information about these risks and uncertainties, and other risks and uncertainties that affect Infinera’s business, is contained in the risk factors section and other sections of Infinera’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended April 1, 2017 as filed with the SEC on May 10, 2017, as well subsequent reports filed with or furnished to the SEC. These reports are available on Infinera’s website at www.infinera.com and the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Infinera assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements.