Enabling High-performance Coherent Networking
High Performance and Volume Manufacturability
Leveraging a monolithically integrated indium phosphide photonic integrated circuit (PIC), Infinera’s 64 GBaud transmit-receive optical sub-assembly (TROSA) sets a new industry record in the high-density integration of discrete functions into a single submodule, including PIC, radio frequency application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), and thermoelectric cooling.
Infinera’s ICTR64 TROSA is designed to easily integrate into digital coherent optics (DCO) transceiver or transponder designs, as well as very high-density coherent line card designs. The assembly consists of a hermetic package containing all the coherent Tx and Rx optics with a digital control interface. The device has built-in memory and controller and can be tuned across the full C-band, with flexible grid support. The optical performance is well suited for metro/regional networks in colorless applications.
The ICTR64 has been granted 4.5 stars in the 2023 Lightwave Innovation Reviews.
- High-density integration of discrete functions into a single submodule, including PIC, radio frequency ASIC, and thermoelectric cooling
- High performance with 64 Gbaud, 0 dBm, low out-of-band noise for successful deployment over colorless ROADM architectures, high transmit OSNR, and high receive sensitivity
- Easy integration: deploy quickly into 400G DCO transceivers or transponders. Suitable for QSFP-DD, OSFP, or CFP2-DCO as well as high-density coherent line card designs
- High efficiency: low power consumption, compact footprint, and high reliability
- High-volume manufacturability: for deployment in both coherent pluggables and embedded optical engines