The XTC Series combines the benefits of photonic integrated circuit (PIC) technology, integrated packet-aware Optical Transport Network (OTN) switching and the flexibility to address subsea, long-haul, regional and metro networks. The XTC-4 and XTC-10 platforms have been upgraded to support 1.2 terabits per second (1.2T) per slot and more than double the switching and transmission capacity through non-disruptive in-service upgrades, while maintaining the same footprint and power consumption. The new 1.2T wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) modules, powered by the fourth-generation Infinite Capacity Engine (ICE4), can coexist with deployed 500 gigabits per second (500G) modules, thereby offering complete investment protection. The XTC Series now offers up to 12T of non-blocking switching capacity, and unlike competitive systems, has no tradeoffs between client-side tributary capacity and line-side capacity.
The XTC Series includes the following platforms:
- XTC-10: 45 rack units (45RU), 10 universal slots, 5T, 12T non-blocking switching capacity
- XTC-4: 22RU, four universal slots, 2T, 4.8T non-blocking switching capacity
- XTC-2E: 15RU, 24 interface slots, six optical line system slots, 1.2T non-blocking switching capacity
- XTC-2: 12RU, 24 interface slots, 1.2T non-blocking switching capacity
These chassis deliver a next-generation converged packet, OTN and WDM solution for metro core, regional, long-haul and subsea applications, providing high-bandwidth 100G, 500G and 1.2T WDM transport and packet-optical switching.
In addition to the common features of the DTN-X Family, the XTC Series provides the following advantages and benefits:
- Non-blocking switching fabric of 5T and 12T in a single bay with an architecture that features a separate switching fabric, so transport and switching can grow in any direction without compromise. Offers in-service upgrade to 1.2T per slot or 12T per bay.
- Traffic grooming to optimize network efficiency with built-in digital OTN switching with ODU0 granularity.
- Compatibility with the FlexILS open line system to enable add/drop in any direction and full colorless, directionless, contentionless functionality so the network can realize its maximum potential.
- Sub-50 millisecond hardware-based protection for various topologies with Infinera FastSMP (Fast Shared Mesh Protection).
- Ethernet and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) capability that enables the direct mapping of Ethernet and MPLS services with quality of service from the edge of the network to core transport services, creating a highly efficient packet-optical network architecture.
- Transport port consolidation to take advantage of the efficiencies of statistical multiplexing, while an augmented portfolio of Metro Ethernet Forum-compliant Carrier Ethernet services improves revenues.
Learn about the other Infinera DTN-X Family solutions in detail: