Extend Packet Transport to the Edge
The Infinera 7090 Packet Transport Solutions provide both Multiprotocol Label Switching-Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)- and Carrier Ethernet-based options addressing applications including business Ethernet services, time-division multiplexing (TDM) to packet migration and mobile backhaul, either standalone or together with other platforms in the Infinera packet-optical portfolio. MPLS-TP-based transport is provided by the 7090 M/CEM Series, with platforms ranging from the compact 14 gigabits per second (Gb/s) 7090-02 CEM to the 4 rack unit (4RU) 960 Gb/s 7090-350 CEM with optional 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) interfaces. Comprehensive MPLS-TP support includes Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS); Virtual Private Local Area Network (LAN) Service (VPLS) and hierarchical VPLS (H-VPLS); G.8113.1 and G.8113.2 Operations, Administration and Management (OAM); and 1:1 label-switched path (LSP), LSP subnetwork connection (SNC), MPLS-TP ring and pseudowire protection options. Quality of service mechanisms include Layer 2 and Layer 3 classification, policing and shaping. TDM migration to packet is enabled by Structure-agnostic TDM over Packet (SAToP), Transparent Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) over Packet (TSoP) or Circuit Emulation over Packet (CEoP) from E1/T1 to STM-16/OC-48. Synchronous Ethernet and 1588v2 boundary clock also enable a future-proof solution for mobile backhaul.
Carrier Ethernet-based transport is provided by the 7090 CE Series, which offers a range of compact Ethernet access devices (EADs) with uses that include customer premises equipment (CPE) and demarcation at cell sites and Ethernet access rings. The 7090-01 CE provides a small form-factor pluggable (SFP)-based network interface device (NID) for customer premises and cell sites, the 7090-05 CE provides 3 Gb/s with three GbE ports, the 7090-07 CE provides 5 Gb/s with five GbE ports and the 7090-15 CE provides 34 Gb/s with three GbE/10 gigabit (10G) ports and four GbE ports. Network protection options include G.8031 Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) protection, G.8032v2 Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP) and 802.1AX Link Aggregation Group (LAG), while OAM capabilities include Y.1731, 802.3 Link OAM, 802.1 Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) OAM and RFC2544/Y.1564 Ethernet service activation testing. Common capabilities across both the 7090 CE and 7090 M/CEM include zero-touch provisioning, hard quality of service with network management system-enabled connection admission control (CAC) and Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 certification. Power over Ethernet and temperature/weather-hardened options are also available.
- Choose from a range of MPLS-TP switches that scale from 5 Gb/s to 960 Gb/s and a range of compact Carrier Ethernet devices that scale from a GbE SFP NID to a compact 34 Gb/s switch
- Maximize Ethernet service revenues with comprehensive quality of service, network protection capabilities and MEF CE 2.0 certification
- Migrate a wide range of TDM services to MPLS-TP with support for both clear channel and aggregated interfaces
- Backhaul mobile traffic leveraging comprehensive synchronization support including Synchronous Ethernet and 1588v2 boundary clock
- Reduce operational costs and speed time to revenue with zero-touch provisioning and RFC2544/Y.1564 Ethernet service activation testing