Infinera’s Vision of Optical Networking at ECOC 2019
September 18, 2019
By Fady Masoud
Director, Solutions Marketing
Dublin’s famous beer, its soul-stirring music (think U2 and Thin Lizzy), and its vibrant city life will soon be temporarily overshadowed by the ECOC Exhibition 2019, which takes place next week. Attendees from all over the world will gather to see and hear the latest cutting-edge developments in optical networking communications. As the world’s leader in optical engine technology, Infinera will be right in the middle of it.
Infinera’s founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Dr. Dave Welch, Ph.D., will present “Innovation in Digital Subcarrier Technology” on Monday, September 23, at 3:40 p.m. in a Market Focus session. During his presentation, Dr. Welch will discuss new Infinera technology for transport network architectures. Add this session to your calendar.
Additionally, several Infinera experts will present technical papers and participate in panel discussions to share with the industry the latest technology innovations they are working on.
- Monolithic InP PICs: A Platform for Large-scale And High-performance Photonic Integration, presented by Mehrdad Ziari
- Ultra-wideband Communications Workshop, co-organized by Antonio Napoli
- Optimizing High-performance C+L Transmission Systems, presented by Steve Sanders
- System Innovations in DCI Optical Transport, presented by Loukas Paraschis
- On the Effect of In-band Crosstalk Margins for Optimized Format Selection in Meshed Optical Network
- Provisioning in Multi-band Optical Networks: A C+L+S-Band Use Case
- Two-channel x 100 GBaud 32QAM Transmission over 500 Km Enabled by InP PICs and SiGe ASICs
- To C- or Not to C-, That Is the Question
- Lattice Pilot-aided DMT Transmission for Optical Interconnects Achieving 5.82 Bits/Hz per Lane
- Direct Amplitude Phase-modulated Dual-EML 10 Gb/s Optical Transmitter
- Kernel Affine Projection for Compensating Nonlinear Impairments in Optical Direct Detection Systems
- 100 Gbaud PAM4 Link Without EDFA and Post-equalization for Optical Interconnects
- First Demonstration of Optical Phase Conjugation with Real-time Commercial Transceiver
- Probabilistic Shaping-assisted Bit-energy-efficient THz Photonic Wireless Transmission
- 1 Gb/s Net-rate Transmission over a Joint 51-km Fiber and 10.7-m Wireless Link for Terahertz Radio Access Networks
Finally, on Wednesday, September 25, at 10:30 a.m. in Hall B (Dodder Room), Stephen Hardy, Editorial Director of Lightwave, will moderate a panel discussion titled “The Role of Digital Subcarriers in Next-generation Aggregation Network Architectures.” The panel, which will include participants from Cignal AI, Infinera, and Finisar, will explore the role of advances in Nyquist subcarriers in the design of next-generation optical systems and components to support the operational requirements of 5G, fiber deep, and hyperscale cloud connectivity. Add this session to your calendar.
If you are going to be in Dublin for ECOC 2019, please join us at any of the sessions above or at our booth in Hall 3, booth #338.