Whether you are interconnecting your data centers across a metro area, building your own high performance cloud network around the globe, or offering new services that drive increased bandwidth, Infinera can help. Our solutions range from high-capacity metro data center interconnect to long haul and subsea Intelligent Transport Networks, all built on Infinera’s unique Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) technology
Build Your Metro Cloud with Cloud Xpress
The Infinera Cloud Xpress is optimized for scaling metro data center interconnections with high density, low power and a simple rack-and-stack operations model:
- Hyper-scale Density – The Cloud Xpress delivers one terabit per second (Tb/s) of input and output capacity in just two rack units (RU) with up to 500 gigabits per second (Gb/s) of line-side capacity and a mix of 10 gigabit Ethernet (GbE), 40 GbE and 100 GbE client- side interfaces. For datacenter operators that need to scale their metro cloud in limited space, Cloud Xpress delivers 21 Tb/s of input and output capacity per 42 RU rack.
- Simplified Operations – Cloud data centers use a different operational model than traditional service provider central offices. The Cloud Xpress is designed with a rack-and-stack form factor and a new software approach that enables it to plug into existing cloud provisioning systems using open SDN APIs. By offering an operational experience similar to the server and storage infrastructure currently deployed in the cloud, the Cloud Xpress enables smooth integration into existing operational processes and helps cloud providers to scale quickly, reduce human errors and lower operational costs.
- Low Power – The Cloud Xpress uses less than 1 Watt per Gb/s, enabling it to fit into power-constrained datacenter environments and minimize operational costs.
Span the Globe with Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks
Leading Internet Content Providers rely on Infinera’s Intelligent Transport Networks to create private global networks, connecting remote hyperscale data centers to each other and to metro data centers located close to their users. Benefits of the Intelligent Transport Network include:
- Scalability – The Intelligent Transport Network delivers 500 Gb/s FlexCoherent™ super-channels today and is designed to scale without compromise to enable terabit super-channels and Terabit Ethernet in the future.
- Convergence – By converging packet, OTN and reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) switching functions the Intelligent Transport Network is designed to reduce complexity while lowering overall network spending without compromising performance.
- Automation – The Intelligent Transport Network features intelligent software control to help simplify multi-layer provisioning and delivers proven, real-world support for Software Defined Networks (SDN) down to the optical layer.